I had the opportunity to do a written interview with a very famous make up artist by the name of Brandilyn Snail from California. She has worked with people like Wiz Khalifa, Sydney Leathers and Farrah Abraham. I enjoy showcasing people that are doing big this and this is a chick that is making it happen.
1. Brandi you are a celebrity Make Up artist. Who are some of your clients and how did you get into doing make up for the stars?
In 2010, I was just graduated from Esthetics school when I got an opportunity to do makeup for the cover of Metropolis Nights Magazine on Farrah Abraham. That was my first big step into the industry. After that day I knew this is what I wanted to do, I just enjoyed being on set and watching my work on the cover of a magazine. I now have had the opportunity to work with many celebrities such as, Angelina Pivarnick, January Gessert, Caligula aka Cali Stylz, Wiz Khalifa, Ryan Ramirez, Sydney Leathers, and many more.
2. Brandi tell us a little bit about you. Where are you from, what do you do for fun and what are 3 of your dislikes?
My name is Brandilyn Snail, I am 19 years old and from Palmdale, California. I am engaged to my high school sweetheart. For fun I like to spend time with my dogs and fiancé. I also enjoy going to the beach and hanging out with friends.
3. Brandi your work can be seen in Music Videos, Television, Print, Theatres and Photo shoots. How does that make you feel emotionally and did you ever think you would be in the position that you are in?
My work isn’t in theatres yet.
I have always known that I wanted to be a makeup artist since I was a little girl just because I was brought up in the beauty industry. Being able to see my work all over the media makes me feel proud that at such a young age I have accomplished so much and this is just the beginning of my career. I can honestly say I enjoy being a makeup artist.
4. Brandi breakdown all of your services and why would a person need that service for you?
I am an Esthetician as well as a makeup artist. I offer many services from makeup to lashes to waxing and hair extensions. I specialize in HD Makeup Application as well as Lash extensions. People come to me for these services because they want to look their best as well as help their skin during the process. All products I use are hypoallergenic and organic.
5. Brandi what are the pro’s and con’s of being a make up artist in the entertainment industry?
I have only good things to say about being a makeup artist in the entertainment industry. I love being able to create all different looks for all different faces. I enjoy being on set as well as meeting all these wonderful people. I love to challenge myself with each look that I create.
6. Brandi you have a large tattoo on your back. What is that tattoo, how many tattoo’s do you have and what does your tattoo’s mean to you?
The Tattoo on my back is my way of remembering my grandmother who passed away from Breast Cancer. I have 7 tattoos all together, I have my dogs names because well I love my dogs. I have my last name “Snail” as well as a rose which is a cover up. I also have the state CA with a star on my hometown. On my pinky I have a matching tattoo with my best friend.
7. Brandi what advise would you give to an up and coming make up artist and what was one of your biggest learning experiences in the beginning of your career?
My advice for an up and coming makeup artist is to never stop learning your craft, and always push yourself to be the best you can be. Never give up on your dream.
8. Brandi who is the funniest celebrity you worked with, who is the most serious celebrity you have worked with and who was your less favorite celebrity to work with?
I have had a great time working with all the clients I’ve worked with.
9. Brandi can you break down women make up versus men’s make up along with with are the differences between the two?
There is really no difference to me. It just all depends on each persons face and what look you are trying to achieve. The only difference would be the products used to compliment each face.
10. What other business ventures do you have coming down the pipeline, what is your mission statement and where do you see your brand and career in the next 5 yrs?
As of right now I am just trying to get into the union and eventually work on movies. In the next 5 years I see myself in the credits as a Makeup Artist in the hit movie of that year.
Follow Brandilyn Snail Online:
Facebook: Makeup by _ B-lynn